The Fall Holiday Test Drive Meme
You are in The Central Library… anything can happen here. In fact, the possible can become actuality while you stay here. Things are always changing. Some for the better, some for the worst… it really all depends on one thing. You. For this Test Drive the patrons will be seeing some new faces while preparing for the Fall Holiday. This means that friends and family from home and new friends from new worlds will be arriving to help celebrate the beginning of the Holiday season. (Holiday options are marked with festive holiday colored text).
Take a look around, visit the worlds through the book portals, and slowly bring it back to life. The more you do, the better life will get. But be wary, not everything is a fun story and not everything is harmless. Sometimes you will have your life at stake and others you will simply have to enjoy your stay.
1. Arrival – You wake up in the main hall. The reception desk is behind you and you know you heard someone whispering “Save us” in your ear… but where are you? The hall gleams and there are many doors amongst the shelves of books. It is rather huge and a walkway circles a second floor… where are you? Well… you might want to ask.
2. Market Place – The Central Library has turned the large conference room into an open gateway to a market place. It shifts and changes along with the Library, but food is always available to those living there as long as the portal is open. Step into a Parisian market of modern day, an open market of the Dark Ages, or even a trading post in the Old West. Go shopping, take a stroll… your imagination is your only limit.
3. Attack of the TurDuckEns - Normally this unique holiday tradition is something that is eaten for the Thanksgiving Holidays. In the Library the potential main dish is more lively than what is found in the average supermarket. Here the TurDuckEn is a hybrid of the three birds and the creatures are trying to turn the Library into their new home. Wrangle the creatures back in their book before they become permanent residents.
4. Winter Weather Warning (Non-Fiction Immersion) - One of the things many holiday travelers dread it unpredictable weather that can sideline their plans. This time the weather has settled in the workshop. Rain, snow, hail... all the unpredictable winter weather that can make traveling hazardous can make an appearance over the coming week. Find the right book to ensure that the Library has a more welcoming forecast for the holiday meal.
5. Potluck - It's time for the patrons of the Library to come together to visit and to celebrate their successes. Any great meal needs some prep work. With this option, the patrons and those who have wandered into the Library can visit while whipping up their favorite recipes for the upcoming feast.
6. Eat me! Drink Me! - A few surprises from Wonderland still linger in the Library. Patrons may find trays of fancy cakes decorated in fall colors or punch bowls filled with tasty looking drink. Be careful when if you decide to try these tasty treats. Patrons may find themselves growing taller or smaller. Or sprouting feathers. Let your imagination run wild with the possibilities mixed into these Wonderland delicacies.
7. A posse ad esse – Anything is possible. This is your Wild Card. Have fun with it!